Sunday, May 8, 2011

Lucky tiny kitten thrown from a passing car

While speeding along a highway outside Jacksonville, I noticed what I thought was a squirrel staggering back and forth next to the road. I try not to hit any creature so I slowed down and realized it wasn't a squirrel but a tiny kitten, well I hit the brakes and threw the car into reverse and made Drew go get the kitten. He is maybe 2-3 months old and looks to be a long hair russian blue. He had heat exhaustion, was covered in blood, had swollen eyes, and blood bubbling out of his nose and mouth. We always carry water in the car and so soaked a towel in water and cooled him off. I really didn't think he would make it. But we took him with us on all our errands and gave him food and water and he is somewhere sleeping in our cabin right now. When I get a chance I will take some pics and post them. If anyone would like to sponsor his vetting or adopt this little guy, please give me a call at 903 764 0097. We are outside Palestine TX. And donations for his care is needed and appreciated.




Here are some pics: 

No comments:

Post a Comment